Monday, June 28, 2010

The universe & the end of the world

A warm night in June. Full moon, rain clouds in the air, blankets wrapped around our shoulders. We both knew we wouldn't have many nights together like this again.

I get overwhelmed at how big the universe is, she said, looking at the sky. It could just never end.

Whenever I look at the sky, I said, I think of sitting in my driveway with my dad. He showed me that even if you can’t see it, the whole moon is always there.

It’s funny how something that makes me feel so lost makes you feel so at home, she said. But I think I know what you mean.

Then we started talking about the end of the world, and how we will take it as it comes. And it will probably be beautiful.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, BethAnn, everything you write is so beautiful. These little tidbits are so amazing. I really love reading them.