Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Letter to no one; Letter to everyone

Someday, I hope you'll understand. I promise I won't wince when you smoke your cigarettes. I'll be honest and you won't put your hands over your ears. We'll look through all those pencil markings on yellow paper and know we've found something.

Someday, I'll let it all go. I promise I won't hold on forever so you won't have to be so sad. We'll stop walking in those circles and catch a boat over the Atlantic. We'll drink and eat strange foods and I'll throw my arms into the wind and everything will be right.

Someday, I'll understand why you love me. I promise I'll believe you and you'll stop worrying like I know you do when no one is looking. We'll do everything we always wanted and you'll let me go and I'll stop pretending like I'm cut out for this.

No comments: